Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sup


Hey all! I'm also very excited to be a part of this group. Now I don't have to feel jealous when the husband posts on SugarFrostedGoodness :) The first "plush" I ever made was a present for my husband. I hand sewed one of his characters out of felt. He loved it so much and I went on to make many more. About 2 years ago I asked for a sewing machine for my birthday, I wasn't even thinking about plush. I wanted to make clothes...so much for that, as soon as I figured out how to work that thing I haven't stopped.

Making plush art has given me a creative outlet that I desperately needed and confidence, the fact that I alone design my own characters and bring them to life! I've already braved 2 crafts fairs, I was so scared but they were awesome. There's nothing like seeing people's reactions to your work in person. Well I don't really know how to end this thing........... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are here too! I love your creations! I totally understand what you are talking about. The confidence in my craft has been so uplifting!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin