Thursday, February 28, 2008

DOMO ARIGATO MR. ROBOTO : )

HOWDY!!

Here's the plush I mentioned I was working on before Hansel. I started it this week and worked on it just about every night to get it done and out of the way. I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I not only was inspired by the retro tin robot toys but also circus punks. I love the box too. i alwyas like to add a little something else to my plush. Whether that's a base or plaque or in this case a box. Yes there is a glare on the robots face. It's because I used clear vinyl to encase his face. I was thinking the whole space man helmet look. The box window also has the vinyl. It was pretty easy to sew in to place. I was afraid it would slide but it didn't.
I've been trying to come up with a simple shape that I could do quickly and still embelish it like crazy like I love to do. I was thinking something like this I could do rather quickly and maybe sell on etsy. Of course when I get time. haha!
This is getting mailed off to a magazine publisher for possible publication. It's just for submission, but who knows what may come of it.


Robyn Fabsits

10 comments:

jenni said...

I love his expression! The box makes me think of him as a collectable--love the design!

trinlayk said...

I love his eyes and his GRIN.

Caffaknitted said...

Amazing! As always...really adorable.

Geek Booteek said...

This guy rox!! I want one!!

robyn fabsits said...

Thanks for all the comments. His eyes are actually crystally red buttons. It's kind of hard to see in the photo, but they sparkle. I played around with the idea of LED lights as eyes but found these instead. : )

Anonymous said...

the box is amazing! how did you make it?

'Cuz I Felt Like It! said...

I ADORE this! The box is such a special extra touch!

robyn fabsits said...

The box is made of chipboard (thin cardboard) you can usually find this at any place that sells matte board or illustration board. I just scored the sides, folded it, and glued it in place. I did cut the window out first. Then I made the labels in photoshop, printed them out, and spray mounted them in place.

Absolutely Small said...

Wow! I can't believe the box was handmade- it looks so professional! Lovely design.

Aloutka said...

Box is as great as toy - and robot is very unique.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin