Tuesday, February 12, 2008

howdy!

Let me introduce you to Wayne. He's a cowboy. He'll protect you from rustlers and bandits, while winning your heart with his charming smile and humble manner.

I knit another cow as a commission about a year ago now. At the time, I thought it was a one-off, and never bothered writing down the pattern. I didn't figure anyone else would want a cow shaped like a teddy-bear. Turned out I was wrong. The original cow was a bit tricky to knit, and I couldn't figure out a simple way to write the knitting pattern for others to follow. Then followed a bunch of failed attempts, worrying, and maybe a bit of freaking out and hair-pulling. Finally I got it together, and created this fellow.

He's a little more work than my other toys, because his spots are knit separately and then sewn on. But I like that the people following my pattern can knit as many spots as they want, and sew them on where they want. I like to encourage creativity. Plus, the vest is so fun to embellish. I went with simple v-shapes on the shoulders and back, but you could totally add flowers, stars, or tassels.

My next endeavor is a unicorn. I'm not sure when I'll have time for it though. Everyone wants me to make bunnies and lambs. I may be tired of the idea of spring by the time it finally arrives.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin