Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The Needle Ten- Caffaknitted

It's Tuesday. Yes. And you know what that means- another installment of The Needle Ten!
Today's answers are brought to you by Caffaknitted. Besides her posts on The Needle, you can catch her on her blog or at her shop.


1. Black and white or color?
Color! And lots of it.

2. Analog or digital?
Digital...I am happy to have computers and robots do things for me...except knitting.
No, I'm kidding. When they start selling robots that knit I'll probably sell my first-born in order to buy one.


3. What is your favorite material to work with?
Mauch Chunky New Zealand wool on size 8 double pointed needles.

4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?
The first train is headed to San Francisco, carrying an anxious crowd to view the world's finest plush (including some of my own if I'm lucky) to Plush You this fall. The second train is headed to Hogwarts. I've heard there are plenty of owls on the second train, but I'm not sure because I couldn't find platform 9 3/4.

5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?
David Sedaris
Guy Mckinley
Bret McKenzie and Jermaine Clement and Nina Simone (I know they don't really go together, and they're also not my all-time favorites...just my favorites today)


6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?
Buy a knitting robot...and then build an extra room onto my house for the robot. Right now my house is too small for a robot.

7. Winter or summer?
Summer. Sitting on the patio at the coffee shop with my friends, knitting and drinking iced lattes.

8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?
squirrely
red...not a whorish red though, a festive red.
Cacophobia - Fear of ugliness


9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Bonecrusher

10. How do you, personally, define "plush art" ?
I would define "plush art" pretty broadly. I think it can be anything that's handmade, and stuffed with something soft and squishy. The word "plush" really covers so many materials and techniques.

As always, we'd love to see YOUR answers here! Email them to theneedle.org@gmail.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin