Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Needle Ten- Ugly Pretty Things

It's Tuesday! Time for another installment of The Needle Ten. This week's answers are brought to you by Emma Harris of UglyPrettyThings. You can see her work here, and of course, here on The Needle.


1. Black and white or color?

Color!


2. Analog or digital?

Digital


3. What is your favorite material to work with?

Socks and fleece. I go back and forth so it's a tie.


4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?

Owls ARE on board, however they are hijacked by a swarthy band of Monsters and everyone is taken to Dairy Queen and forced to eat blizzards.


5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?

Author/poet- e.e. cummings

artist-Joan Miro

Musician-Hard. It changes. Right now I like TheGoTeam. It reminds me of a world my monsters could fly around in and be happy. I like to make them dance to it.



6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?

Use it to live out my dream of making my career only acting, monster making, and children's book writing.


7. Winter or summer?

Winter! I love the big snowflakes.


8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?

Word: Creatures and/or Beasties

Color: it is pink I believe.

Mental Disorder: Schizophrenia



9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?

Maybe I would just add "the great" to the end of it. You know, Emma The Great, like kings used to do. Or Emma The Triumphant!


10. How do you, personally, define "plush art" ?

Original, handmade with a big personality. I think plush art has to say something to it's audience, even if it's just, "feed me that sandwich you have…right…now!"

Thanks for your great answers, Emma!
As always, if you'd like your answers to these questions to appear, then email them to me at theneedle.org{at}gmail.com

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin