Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Needle Ten- SLC Studio

It's Needle Ten time again! This week's answers are by Jenni of SLC Studio. She's got a blog and an Etsy shop if you'd like to find more SLC Studio goodness.

1. Black and white or color?
I mostly work with colors, but I like black and white. I don't really know why I don't work with it more.

2. Analog or digital?
Digitally analog. There are just some things you can do a lot easier digitally; and there are some things you just can't.

3. What is your favorite material to work with?
Fleece and cottons.

4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?
What is it with trains and owls? Why not unicycles and badgers? Or velocipedes and platypuses?

5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?
I'm reading a lot of comics and horror novels right now, so I'm reading a ton of stuff by Warren Ellis and Stephen King, Clive Barker, that sort of thing. I don't really have a favorite artist, but I'm a sucker for graphic prints right now. The same goes for musicians--I don't really have a favorite, but I just can not listen to Lawrence Welk. Gah, it raises my blood pressure.

6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?
All practical stuff--invest, renovate or remodel, make sure the future is secure. It would be nice to have a life where life decisions aren't made based on finances.

7. Winter or summer?
Autumn. I dislike cold and wet and I dislike hot and dry, and tree/grass/flower sex makes my life miserable.

8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?
Word: Periwinkle. Say it without smiling. Try it, I double dog dare you.
Color: Silver. It's so **space aged** (I know, I know, I have never made a silver stuffie. Do you know how hard it is to find silver fleece?)
Mental Disorder: Synesthesia


9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Anything--Hershabel, Matilda, Window.
I swear, toss a pebble and you're bound to hit a "Jennifer" in her thirties. I'm not kidding. I was in kindergarten with another Jennifer. I went to high school with about six others. I worked in an office once where I was Jennifer #3 in the same department. I lived on a college dorm floor with two other Jennifers. One of my best friends was also a Jennifer.
I want to ban the name but I can't make myself write anything else on my forms.


10. How do you, personally, define "plush art"?
Plush art is using soft materials (plush) and making something that stirs an emotion (art).


That's all for this week! As always, if you'd like YOUR answers to The Needle Ten to appear here, just send them over to theneedle.org@gmail.com!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin