Wednesday, May 7, 2008

The Needle Ten- Love and a Sandwich

This week's Needle Ten is by Chelsea of Love and a Sandwich. Check out her Etsy shop, or Flickr, or blog for more.

1. Black and white or color?
I love black and white photos, but when it comes to plush toys....COLOR. Lots of colors. Neon colors and complimentary colors. B)

2. Analog or digital?
I admit i had to go look up what analog meant before i could answer this (shame). Ehhh, digital i guess. i dont know what id do without my laptop. Cease to function, probably.

3. What is your favorite material to work with?
Faux fur and eco felt! Combined in a wonderful cornucopia of plush love.

4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?
I hate essays! Opposite directions, huh? Well... ones headed into outerspace.. at lightspeed of course. There aren't any owls on this one, because they haven't invented spacesuits for them yet. The other one's skimming the bottom of the ocean slowly and steadily, the owls and me are on that one... checking out all the ugly deep sea creatures.

5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?
Author: MICHAEL ENDE. If you've never read The Neverending Story, you probably should. It will ruin the movie version of it for you forever, but it's got the most spectacular, brilliantly written and unique imagination of any book I've read since Frank L. Baum's Oz stories.
Artist: For things to make me smile I love Jason Shogreen & Mattias. For beautiful things I love Jason Chan & Audrey Kawasaki.
Musician: This changes weekly, but two musicians I've loved consistently for awhile would be Against Me! & Chromeo


6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?
First I would move to a house on a mountain overlooking waterfalls, paint the outside panels neon stripes, and buy a chow chow puppy. Then I would divide the rest between worthy causes.

7. Winter or summer?
Summer please. I love the snow, but being cold is one of my least favorite things to be.

8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?
Word: Plasma... or tabernacle. They're way too fun to say.
Color: YELLOW. Any bright color I love, really. Yellow the most. It's the first color that attracts the eye. ;D
Mental Disorder: Ohh! I saw this somewhere... the Stendhal Syndrome "Stendhal Syndrome is a psychosomatic illness that causes rapid heartbeat, dizziness, confusion and even hallucinations when an individual is exposed to art, usually when the art is particularly 'beautiful' or a large amount of art is in a single place."


9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
Hmmm... I donno what name specifically.. but it's be a name that no one else has. I really hate when I meet other people with my name.

10. How do you, personally, define "plush art" ?
Figments of your imagination turned into something real, and huggable. :D

That's it for this week! As always, if you'd like to see YOUR answers to the Needle Ten here (and a link or two back to you!), send them on over to theneedle.org@gmail.com.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin