Thursday, August 14, 2008

Jelly Legs Jim the Mushroom & Petey the Parrot






Ahoy me Hearties, this is Jelly Legs Jim and his scur'y mate Petey Parrot. They be like most Piratey folk, they be huntin' for Booty for 100 hundred years.

Avast ye, they been lookin' in all the wrong places such as the Dead Sea. Once, Jelly Legs Jim lost his eye in a pillow fight with a gigantic octupus in that very Sea. Shiver me timbers! Just kiddin', not really but he likes t' pretend that he did (the pillow fightin'twas for real) Savvy?

Unlike most parrots, Petey does not like t'talk or repeat thin's. He's happiest collectin' shiny seashells and sittin' on Jelly Legs Jim's shoulder. Which Suits Jelly Legs Jim just fine, for e'ery pirate must have a loyal parrot by his side.

Legend goes that Jelly Legs Jim is feared by all, for he can tickle you t'the depths o'the earths!

I had a ton of fun making this guy. I made him for the "Handmade Kids Challenge" on etsy- wish me luck! Check out my blog for more info :)

7 comments:

LOVEANDASANDWICH said...

my god that parrot is adorable!

Cutesy but not cutesy said...

i think i have just fallen in love with a plush pirate. he's so rad!

Erin said...

This is the most adorable thing EVER. I can't stand it. I love him! I love the tiny bird. I love that he's a mushroom pirate. I want one!!!

Anonymous said...

they are fab!

Amy @ CrabtreeStudio said...

I think this is my favorite mushroom plushie that you have made to date! The birdie and the eye patch are the icing on the cake.

Absolutely Small said...

So awesome! Love his eyepatch.

Eva said...

oh thank you so much everyone!!!! it was so funny too, i'd never would've thought to make a pirate mushroom, but then when i had the fabric put together and the shapes all cut out... the whole vision came together. i think i'll make a few more "character" mushrooms- they are fun!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin