Thursday, August 21, 2008

Saskia the Snake Charmer

I've photographed the next in my burlesque doll series, please meet Saskia the Snake Charmer!

Ladies and Gentlemen, roll up, roll up to see the daring and danger that is Saskia the Snake Charmer! Thrill at her her twirling and spinning, marvel at her dancing and weaving, all while being wrapped in her 53cm (20") snake, Simon!

I'm really pleased with both how she turned out and how she photographed. I was photographing her at night under a tungsten light and at 1/2 shutter speeds without a tripod. So I was resting the camera on a bean bag, which meant I couldn't see through the view finder to compose the photo. But for all that, I got some lovely shots. This one I am especially pleased with. Shows some of the action while leaving a little unexplained.

However, with the arty photo you then can't tell what she's wearing Saskia is dressed in a dark blue figure hugging dress with split skirt and light blue trim. She is wearing elbow length evening gloves and brown cowboy boots, has an elaborate hair style and huge false eyelashes. She comes with her posable snake, Simon. Simon is dark green on top with a mottled green and yellow belly and a bright red forked tongue.

I love the snake, he's posable due to a pipe cleaner spine, although to stop him escaping and frigtening the crowd, he is sewn to Saskia's right hand

And can I jsut say, how good are side show acts!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin