Saturday, January 17, 2009

CPSIA

It's sorta knocked the creativity out of me.
I don't think I've made more than one plushie SINCE Christmas.

We managed to hit 6th place on Change.org to fight this CPSIA,
(even though 90% of my end users are adults and teens, I can't see
my plushies not having to comply for the under 12 market.)
but we have to keep fighting.

Write, and call your Congress Persons....
and, vote this item UP on Change.gov

http://citizensbriefingbook.change.gov/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=087800000004pxH&srPos=1&srKp=087

it will take 1000 people to get this caught up to the currently Popular issues there. So vote and pass the link along.

1 comment:

head-lint said...

Thank you for posting here. This issue is VERY important and the battle is still not won. We MUST get our voices heard and be included in the revamp process of this law. It is too important to hope someone else will make the necessary changes. Keep involved and do not give up hope!

This situation reminds me of another illogical set of laws. In the 90's I was actively involved with the Graphic Artists' Guild battle against the California State Board of Equalization's (BOE) unfair sales tax collection policies that applied to artists. I won't go into all the details, but it was a long process, but in the end we not only won, we were actively involved in the restructure and rewrite of these tax laws.

I know we can make this situation right with the CPSIA.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin