Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Street Fighter Show



So excited to share with you this upcoming show at Nucleus-JAB, STRONG, FIERCE: Street Fighter Tribute Art Exhibition. I was invited to create a plush version of the fireball and sonic boom in the game. The fireball especially was a daunting task. I had to revise my techniques and approach to making it about 3 or 4 times! But I finally got it figured out and it's near completion. Here's my first attempt...

...It's only about 1/20th of the size of the "show" fireball and lacks the many other shades of blue plaid that I added to the larger one for dimension. Ah, I love plaid. But the shape is pretty close. Another great thing about the fireball and sonic boom is that they're going to be interactive pieces. So the day of the opening, you'll get to toss them around and as if you're a "street fighter" yourself!

JAB, STRONG, FIERCE: Street Fighter Tribute Art Exhibition
Opening Reception
Saturday, April 25 (6pm-11pm)

Nucleus
210 E. Main St.
Alhambra, CA 91801
www.gallerynucleus.com

Hope to see you there!

2 comments:

Sidewing Creations said...

Congratulations on being invited!! Your first attempt looks great!

Anonymous said...

Thanks!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin