Monday, June 15, 2009

Cat with Pretty Lady Face



This is my latest completed piece. She is actually one of a set of cats I've been working on. Right now she has 4 similar sized cat friends and 5 kitten friends in different colors and fabrics just waiting for their faces to be painted on. Pretty Lady Cat was finished just today for my friends birthday, but I'm hoping to sell the rest at the local farmer's market. I'm looking for advice from plushie artists that sell their work. How did you start? How many pieces did you get together first? How did you determine pricing? Is there anything else I should know?

1 comment:

Leeanna Butcher said...

This is wonderful!! I love the hand painted face, and the texture of the cat. You definitely have enough pieces (when you finish all the faces) to start up your own etsy shop. (or artfire..) I would look around on etsy at other plush artist's shops to get an idea about pricing, etc.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin