Wednesday, August 12, 2009

PRETTY BIRD



I quickly finished this bird for Art Unleashed. This is an art auction that benefits the Humane Society for the Greater Kansas City area. I think this is my sixth year donating work. This is a great event that raises money for the Humane society and keeps it going year after year to help improve the lives of dogs and cats with their no-kill shelter. You can read more about it on their web site.
I've done these birds before and they're always a big hit. Though you can't tell in this photo, I made him bigger than the ones in the past. His head measures about 8" across and his body stands about 12 1/2" tall. He's also on a pretty tall stand. So in total, with stand, he measures 29 1/2" tall.
Robyn Fabsits

3 comments:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

too darn cute! love it to bits, well done

Leslie said...

This is SO cute. I just tweeted it on twitter (I'm @lesliedoughty) Looks like a true twitter bird to me!

DIY Fluffies said...

Lovely!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin