Friday, January 11, 2008

Peek A Boo


Owl, originally uploaded by MayaBella.

Hi there. This is Shannon here. I figured I should tell you a little about myself. ( I am loving hearing about all of you!) I am a stay at home mom of three. I have always loved to sew and craft but had never tried to sell my creations. Until my third baby. I was 24 weeks pregnant with my son when I started to have pre-term labor contractions. I ended up on bed rest with 4 months left to go!! I thought I was going to lose my mind with boredom. I had tons of help with the kids and the house from friends, family and our amazing church family. But I had nothing to do while I just lay there. So I decided to start creating. I am sort of a toy snob ;) and was not finding any cute stuffies for my new baby. I had not discovered the amazing world of Etsy yet. So I decided to create my own. And that is how it all started. I found Etsy and knew this was the place I wanted to be. I now have a whole new outlet for creativity and a place to practice being a grown up in the midst of the kiddie world I call home. :)
My business name MayaBella is a combo of my daughters names. They as well as my baby boy are my inspiration and my joy. My focus is on my Noggin's (animal heads) and my owls. But I daily am distracted by new ideas. I am so happy to be apart of this group and look forward to sharing with you my plush adventures!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin