This week's Needle Ten is answered by Christina Ward. She makes a wide range of creatures and highly ironic modern quilts. You can visit her awesome site here.
1. Black and white or color?
Color, muted dirty color.
2. Analog or digital?
3. What is your favorite material to work with?
Fleece and cookie dough.
4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?
No owls in sight. Much too smart than to board trains. And trains singularly, but circularly go to a similar location. Snowy in fall and damp in spring. Apart from humans but amongst oddly vocal bobcats. On Wisconsin!
5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?
The Oulipo writers (see answer to essay question)!
Tom Stack (www.stackmatic.com)
Many, The Kinks, Clinic, The Good, The Bad and The Queen, Marianne Faithfull
6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?
Save it! Need more acres.
7. Winter or summer?
Winter! More snow! More cold!
8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?
Shistoshimisis, it's a disease you get wading in the River Nile. Or Scheissety, which is my daughter's fake-y German of swearing.
cocoa latte brown
9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I actually wouldn't change it. My dad always taught us that all anyone truly own in this world is your name.
10. How do you, personally, define “plush art” ?
Three dimensional. Cuddly. Creepy. Cute. Original. Unexpected.
That's all for this week. If you'd like to have your answers to the Needle Ten posted here, then email them to me at email@example.com.