Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Needle Ten- Effunia

It's Needle Ten time!
This week's Needle Ten is brought to you by Effunia. You can see her work on her Flickr, and of course heretsy shop!.

1. Black and white or color?
Color!!! I don’t think there’s a color out there that I don’t like… colors can surprise you… sometimes when you wouldn’t think one color would work with another and then it does. I love how things come together with color.

2. Analog or digital?
Analog. I like antiques, like old watches or cuckoo clocks, mechanisms, little moving parts.

3. What is your favorite material to work with?
cotton yarn, fleece, flannel, anything that’s really soft. I’m always touching everything and if it’s not nice to the touch- I won’t like it.

4. ESSAY QUESTION: Two trains are heading in opposite directions at different speeds. If all things are equal, where are those trains going? And, most importantly, are there owls on board?
Of course, there are owls on board. In fact, they are in charge of the trains. There are owl conductors, owl ticket controllers, owls as passengers, etc. One of the trains is going to Iceland and the other to France. I’m on board too because I love owls, Iceland and France. I haven’t been to Iceland yet, but it’s been a dream of mine since childhood, where it came from I don’t know but I would like to fulfill it. I’ve been lucky and been to France and I just love it and could always travel there again and again.

5. Who is your favorite: Author, artist, musician?
Author: Debbie Stoller, she’s the one responsible for all my craft ventures and I’m thankful for it. And on a more literary note, Oscar Wilde- Picture of Dorian Gray.
Artist: I have many, I’m constantly surrounded by different artists work and I find inspiration everywhere. But I love the paintings of John Singer Sargent and the sculptures of Jean-Antoine Houdon.
Musician: it’s always someone different and depends on my mood. But at this moment, I’d say Blonde Redhead.


6. If you received a sudden windfall of money, what would you do with it?
Make plushies full-time, buy a house, get a dog that I’ve been wanting for years now, save a lot of it, get nice presents for my family, volunteer at a pet shelter, and other volunteer work, take a vacation to Iceland and France ;)

7. Winter or summer?
Winter, I love the cozy atmosphere, I love Xmas and giving presents, I love a nice crisp winter air, snow, and everything about it.

8. What is your favorite: word, color, mental disorder?
Word: kleiner Mensch (I guess it’s two words, but I call my little sister these two words a lot- it means little human in German… I don’t know, when I say those two words, they bring back all the positive feelings to me, like love, happiness, memories etc.)
Color: I love them all, but sometimes I tend to sway to light blue or like a salmon color.
Mental disorder: drawing a blank on this one


9. If you could change your name, what would you change it to?
I love my name. I suppose it’s a good thing, because I don’t even have a middle name to switch to. But I find Eva works well wherever I go ;)

10. How do you, personally, define “plush art” ?
Something soft and huggable that is made by someone with love and care

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin