Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Iron Plush Challenge!

My secret ingredient was velcro...something I've never really worked with.

I came up with a cake that features velcro very heavily as both a decoration and a useful part. The white strips are velcro, as are the white polka dots.

Velcro is attached to the back of each faux flower. The flowers can then be moved around willy nilly, or removed completely for a different look.

This cake is kind of big. It measures 8" tall (10" to the top of the flowers) and the bottom layer is 9" diameter.
The cake itself is made from fleece, stuffed with polyfill.
For more photos, check out my Cake Set on Flickr.
~Absolutely Small~
To see more of the Iron Plush Challenge, hop on over to the Plush Team's blog!

3 comments:

xoDanielle said...

So cute! Don't tell but I think I would have a lot of fun playing with this :D

Absolutely Small said...

Your secret is safe with me. And the whole internet.

Leeanna Butcher said...

totally adorable!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin