Thursday, September 3, 2009

Minty Green Owl

I'm going to a baby shower with my mom this upcoming weekend and needed a gift. I was going to grab one of my many standby Nubbins, but Mom suggested I make a mint green owl (since the girl the baby shower is for likes owls and the baby's room is painted a mint green)...

The funny thing is that I'd been meaning to do an owl ...even though owls seem to be ubiquitous in the plush-making community...almost to the point of being cliche`. But they are still cute.


I hand-embroidered the feet. I did these kind of feet instead of the normal Nubbin feet because Mom suggested "flippy feet" for some reason. I did squares because it seemed simpler, but then I decided that hey looked like duck feet, so I added the embroidery.

1 comment:

I Purr-Furr to Craft said...

so very tweet, sorry, sweet!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin