Monday, February 7, 2011

A Whim of Mine Plushies

Hello everyone, I am very happy to have recently joined the group here at The Needle and would like to introduce myself. 

My name is Amy, I'm 24 and I live in New Zealand. I've been a sewer since I was a young child, and I have a diploma in Fashion Design, but I've only been making plushies since late 2010, so I am a newcomer to the scene!

At the moment my plushies are mostly anthropomorphic or made up creatures, but I hope to try out a lot of new things! They are made using a mixture of new, vintage and up-cycled materials and made without patterns.

 I draw my inspiration from anywhere and everywhere and am overflowing with ideas! A few influences are vintage, florals, doilies, monsters, nature, animals, birds, humans, light, darkness, tea parties, picnics, taxidermy, weather, books, bugs/insects.. I could go on and on but I must stop somewhere. Here are some pictures of my plush dolls:

        The Picnicker Doll

   
       The Little Master Doll

   
     The Tea Party Guest Doll

   
       The Autumn Stroller Doll

    
        Charles Darwin

   
       The Good Listener Doll


 And there you have it! I hope I'll be an active poster because that will mean I am being productive and making loads of dolls.
 If you would like to know more about me and my plushies, come and visit me at A Whim of Mine. I'd love to hear from you :)

xox
Amy


2 comments:

BoRo said...

I love the little Master doll

Amy said...

Thanks so much :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin